I was accepted for the Spring 2010 term but I have not yet received word from the Admissions Department on scholarship funding. Depending on the funding I receive will determine if I move now or defer admission to the Fall semester. * Here's me crossing my fingers *
Reasons why the New School is a great choice for me:
- New York City!
- A closest for an apartment!
- Strong emphasis in Continental Philosophy!
- Concentration in Psychoanalysis
- Continental Philosophy and Neuroscience (that's a course)
- Simon Critchely is the head of the department
- Anna Stoler teaches at the New School as well.
- Lots of Philosophy
- Lots of close reads of philosophical texts
- Poor and educated